Pages

Friday 24 December 2021

Merry Christmas Eve! - 5 things I'm grateful for

 WOW! It is Christmas Eve, has this year flown by or what? There has been many things to look forward to, throughout the year. Other things have been a bit sad, but what can you do? It is good to think about things you are grateful for, in years and times like this. I am going to list 5 things that helped me have a better year, recently and in the past (of 2021).

1. My Family have been big supporters and I definitely wouldn't be where I am today without there love and hard-work.

2. Teachers/School have been a way for me to have another life apart from my home life. It helped me find a way to engage in things I couldn't at home. Things like sports, extra classes and so much more. School has been a blessing!

3. On the topic of school, my friends. Even though we don't get along sometimes, I want to say a huge thanks. Not only did they help me get through the hard times, but they knew when I needed a laugh,cry,smile and all emotions you can think of. THANK-YOU!

4. Sport was fun, and I was lucky to participate in quite a bit this year. It not only helped me physically, but also mentally. It helped me communicate with my team and let out all my emotions in a mannerly way. Thank-you to my coaches and managers.

5. This one is recent, but the SLJ! Summer has been very different, we can't go anywhere and I get very bored. With the SLJ it helped me find fun tasks to do, but explore different subjects and have fun doing it. Thank-you to the SLJ team!

So where ever you are have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Stay safe and positive, only one more sleep!





6 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Kiarah,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    What an awesome post, it is such a great idea to share some gratitude especially during the Christmas season when everyone is celebrating the year.

    It sounds like you had a lovely year at school with a great family and group of friends and it is awesome to see you acknowledge your appreciation for the support you have received!

    I see that you mentioned enjoying sport, what sports did you participate in this year?

    I think the five things I am grateful for are very similar to yours, this was a hard year for everyone with the lockdown so I am grateful for all my friends and family who were supportive and kind.

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Zana,
      It was a bit hard to think of these things, but it was a big wake up call. It showed me that many people and things were important to me. I played Netball, Softball and Rippa Rugby! Thanks for the nice feedback!
      Kiarah

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora

    Kiarah

    My name is Quein and I am a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. Ka mau te wehi! It looks amazing! You wrote very clearly and it is a well throughout your blog post. I was Amazed by this Awesome blog post, you have put a lot of effort and thought into creating the post- Ka Pai!!! I was also very impressed by all the things you were grateful for and it was Great to see that family and school played a positive role in your life and that you are very grateful for your family and school.. It is so awesome to see such a thoughtful and very positive blog post. It definitely brightened up my day when I saw you post, thank you!!! It was also very professional and good that you included the image attribution- Well done!!! I really enjoyed seeing your positive, enthusiastic and caring mahi throughout your blog post.

    Finally it is AWESOME that you have been enjoying the Summer Learning Journey. What has been your favorite activity so far? I really enjoyed building the bridges as you got to be an engineer.

    Keep up the Super work we eagerly look forward to your next post!!

    Have a safe and happy summer and Christmas!!

    Ngā mihi,
    Quein


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quein,
      I am glad to hear that you enjoyed reading my blog post. I enjoyed writing it, it made me realise there are so many things to be grateful for! There has been many tasks to enjoy, but some of my favourites are: Mandala Mania, Interactive X-MAS card, Lego Adventure, Something that will float, Step it up vector art and the Geometree task(s). Thanks again!
      Kiarah

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Kiarah,

    Thanks for sharing what you are grateful for this year, this is a very special blog post!

    It's often very important to reflect on what we have been doing, so that we can set goals for the future! You’ve done a great acknowledgement of special things in your life here and it is lovely to read.

    It has been a very different year, it looks like you have some wonderful people like friends, family and teachers that have helped you through it!

    It's great to hear you are enjoying sport and school! What is your favorite subject at school?

    I am glad you are enjoying the Summer Learning Journey, the SLJ team has a lot of fun doing it too!

    Have a good Christmas and summer with your whanau.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren,
      I enjoy reflecting as it shows me all the things I have and the things I want to achieve. I appreciate all my teachers and friends the played a huge roll this year. I really love maths, it's my favourite because numbers are so beautiful. I don't know any other way to explain it. Thank-you for the kind words, enjoy your Christmas!
      Kiarah

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.