Pages

Friday 1 June 2018

Zoo trip



As I walked in the Zoo door with my class, my eyes blew up. My eyes haven't seen so much things at once in my life. I was so excited! This was my chance to learn more about animals and their ways of life. We went to the Zoo just for fun. I was so excited to see more.




The first walk around was super cool because we saw a wallaby. A wallaby is a type of marsupial a marsupial is an animal that carries their baby in its pouch. Then we were walking around and we saw the red panda. The red panda is one of my favourite animals because it can climb so high and it is so cute. After that we saw the flamingo. It was so pretty, but it stayed to still. After that we saw the lion I loved it because that animal is my favourite! The last animal we saw was the elephant. The elephant was so big and grey.






When we finished the walk around we came back to our meet up place. Then we had morning tea, I was so hungry. 20 minutes later we waited for the people to take us to the New Zealand area. We walked to the New Zealand area to learn about the animals that sleep in the day and wake up in the night. The first animal that we saw was a kiwi. We learnt that when the mama kiwi lays the egg and then they go to look for food. Then the daddy kiwi comes along and notices if the egg is his or not. If it is then th e dad sits on it so it is warm and it can hatch. When it hatches the dad kiwi runs off and the baby kiwi has to survive by it self.




Then we walked outside and we saw the eels. I found out that they are in New Zealand, but when it gets to cold they swim all the way to Tonga because in Tonga it is very hot in winter time and all the time.





After that we walked out of the main New Zealand area and walked to the cage that the New Zealand birds live in. I saw a

Tui, Kaka and that is it. “Ouch!” I screamed as I slipped. I slipped because we were going up wooden steps, but the steps were wet. As I got to the top I filled up with excitement. When I got to the top I saw that there were mangoes,apples,pear! I was so confused I was thinking that it was for the people, but then I realised that there was a bird house next to it. So it was definitely for the birds.







Bugs! Disgusting right well we went to the Bug Lab at the Zoo. As I was walking down the hallway to the door I was so scared. As I was tiptoeing I opened the door and I was actually not scared. There weren't any real bugs they were just plastic. The first thing that I saw was the cockroach part. There was a part in the middle and it was the main part. When you walked in you walked straight then you walked around and then you saw the cockroach was standing up. Then I walked out and saw a lot more things, but those things were kind of boring. I was walking around and as I was walking I saw a slide! I went down it and I heard these sounds and I saw some lights. Then I realised that it could sense when you went down the slide, it was so cool! About 30 minutes later we left and went to our meeting place. The teacher said “you can have one more look around, but meet at the elephant in the front of the zoo.”








The first thing we did was that we went to the Kid Zone ! The Kid Zone is a play area that you can play in. They have different types of mirrors. My favourite was the squiggly mirror. Then when you walk outside you can see this huge playground. The first thing I saw was the big dragon. The dragon was blue and it was super slippery. The second thing I saw was this big slide it was probably the size of a house. It was a rainbow slide and it was so fun. The last thing I saw was a even bigger slide it was nearly the size of a two story house. At the top there was a cracked egg. When you went down there was a bump like a chair and then it turned normal again. It was rainbow like the other one. It was so fun!







10 minutes later we went to see the African bit of the zoo. I saw the Emus and the Giraffes together first. Then I saw the Zebras, you could go close to them, but there was still a fence. My favourite part was the Meerkats they were so cute. You could go under tunnels and see them run around. It was so fun. Then it was time to head back to the Elephant. Before we left we took a photo of the whole class under the Elephant.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.