Pages

Friday 21 February 2020

The top of the beanstalk



The ground was shaking and I was panicking, “Mummmmmmm!” I shouted. ‘It was very strange because we don’t usually have earthquakes in New Zealand’ I thought to myself. I noticed that the grass started to become a big mountain of grass and dirt. It was as if a big plant or tree was growing. Next thing you know a humongous bean stalk bolted out of the ground! My mother and I were astonished, it was literally like we were in the fairy tale Jack and the beanstalk. I thought I could climb up it ,but it wasn’t that easy.





I tried and tried and tried and tried. Finally I got a grip of the huge plant. Climbing to the top of the beanstalk, the village view started to grow. It was beautiful, I could see the birds flying high, the breeze touching my skin and…


My mother shouting “Be careful Kiarah!”.





At last I reached the top, but then I heard something in the distance. “ Thee thy tho thumb! Who passes there!”...





“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” I shouted. ‘Shut it’ I said to myself. I was stressed and exhausted I didn’t know what to do! Then I realised that the giant had made the decision for me. Immediately he leaped from the mystical clouds onto the beanstalk.





At that moment I thought that fairytales were only in books and I, well I was in reality.


CRACK! That's when I thought my life had come to an end. ‘This is it, this is the end’ I thought to myself. I fell to the ground, as my life flashed before my eyes.





BOOM! I opened my eyes and saw that I was still falling. The giant fell! I still had a chance, I got into a pencil position and then folded my legs. If I could land on the giant’s belly, I could be saved!





Zooming through the air I could feel the breeze float on top of my skin. I was nervous, but sure of the idea. Bloop!





I did it, I did it, I did it! I was full of relief. I let out a huge sigh. I could feel something in the giant's pocket. It was the gold that he had stolen from my father! I was so happy, now my mother and I could live the life that we deserve...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.