Pages

Thursday 14 March 2019

Camp writing.


Year 5/6 Camp - Writing


Have you ever been camping before? Well I have, right here at Pt England school. It is the best school in the world.

The person who created it was Mr Burt. Mr Burt is our principal, but back then when he created camp he was just a normal teacher. This camp was our 29th camp. I was so excited to find out what was going to happen.

This camp was three days long and two sleeps. It was going to be a whole heap of fun. On camp we got into our camp groups with our camp mums, (teacher). My group was called Batay, it means children in Filipino. After that we set off to do our activities. Our first activity was the cup game with Mr Sommerville. First we had to blow up our balloons and blow down the cups down without touching them. Then we had to play the cookie game. We had to put the cookie on our face and then try to move our faces to put it in our mouth. After that we got to go on the slip n slide and it was so fun. The slip n slide was very slippery I mean isn't that why it is called a slip n slide. After a while we finished up and sat down and had lunch. After lunch we went kayaking. We got very wet and I even got a couple of cuts on my foot. After that we found out that we were going to go to the pools, have a swim and then have a shower. We played and got our luggage getting ready to go to the pools. We got to do free time and practice our camp items for the camp concert.

One of my highlights was the food. It was so delicious. One night we had nachos and we even got to have desert. For the first night our desert was caramel slice with whipped cream, sprinkles and fruit cups. The second night we had hot dogs, potato salad, another sausage and coleslaw. For dessert we had yoghurt and marshmallows. Then we had fruit cups.

Another one of my highlights were sleeping in a tent with my best friend. Her name is Julianna. Sometimes she got annoying, but she was ok most of the time. We even secretly had chocolate at night in the tent.

My last highlight was our camp concert. The camp concert was when we had to practice our items and then on Thursday night we performed. My groups name was Batay. It was very fun watching the other groups dance. In between the groups dance’s we had challenges. I think that my group was the best dance.

I would like to say thank you to Mr Burt, Mr Sommerville, all the teachers that were our camp mums, Miss Timi and all the people that made this camp happen. We could not do it without you guys. THANK-YOU!

On camp I learnt that working in a team is better than trying to do things yourself. Even if you don’t like that person that you are partnered with just give them a chance. I recommend that you come to camp because you learn lot’s of new thing’s and have lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kiarah,

    I really love your explain about what activities we did on camp. The food sounds really yum. I wonder what we are going to do next year.
    from Angelica.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.