Pages

Friday 5 April 2019

Term 1 extension eel animation.



This is my extension eel's animation. Term 1, hope you enjoy. Here is my script.

Hi my name is Kiarah and this is my animation. It is all about the connection with eels and Maramataka. Hope you enjoy.

Eels live in a lake or river. When they want to spawn they swim to the pacific ocean near Tonga. Eels can lay up to 1-20 million eggs.

Good times to go eeling. Good times to go eeling is when the moon is not bright or big. The reason why is because eels don’t like the brightness of the moon because of there eyes.

Life cycle of eels. Once the adult eels lay their eggs they die because when they lay their eggs they can be 120 years old. When the eggs hatch the baby larvae come out and the they drift with the current back to New Zealand. When they get back to their lake or river they turn into glass eels.Years later they turn into elvers. Some more years later they turn into fully grown eels.

Bad times to go eeling. It is not a good time to go eeling when the moon is bright or big because the eels do not like the moonlight. Thank-you for watching feel free to leave a comment on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Kiarah
    Thats a great post about eels! Many, many years ago I used to work in Panmure but I now live in the country, in a place we were have eels at the bottom of our house in a river. I feed them for fun because they eat the left over meat scraps from our house. Some of the really big ones can get a bit scary, they are two metres long and they are like snakes. When they grab hold of meat (chicken is their favourite) they can take big hunks out of it! I really like how you spoke so clearly and so confidently and I agree that they dont seem to like the moonlight. Maybe you could find out what they like eating or how big they can grow?
    Mr Webb and Room Six, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki
    mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.