Pages

Saturday 20 March 2021

Can he Save her? - Narrative Writing

 


This is an old writing task that I never got to finishing (2020).  It is a writing task about this picture and switches between spider-mans point of view and the girl he's saving point of view. I hope you enjoy and please leave a positive comment.


“You actually thought that you, a weak little human, could escape from me! You see, I didn’t just kidnap you so you could run away and live happily ever after.” He stopped with a dramatic pause. Then he continued

“I kidnapped you, so I could inject a serum into your blood. After that your boring human life would be gone,you're gonna be the most powerful villain in the world! Your name? Lets see, how about…

SPIDER-MAN!”

“What!? Isn’t there already a SUPERHERO named Spider-man?”

“No, I mean Spider-man!” 

As I tried to turn I had a glimpse of something red and blue, right then and there I realised what Green Goblin was talking about. Green Goblin's hideout was filthy, but he was talking about the fact that Spider-man was standing right there. I would have preferred Bat-man, but oh well. 



“Give It up Green Goblin! We all know that in the end, I always win.” I mean he wasn’t wrong. He is the one and only legendary Spider-man! I thought to myself. 

“Let’s see who really wins this time~” The witch like Goblin cackled, with sureness in his voice. I really thought that at this point they would start to fight, but I was wrong. Instead they walked around in a circle staring at each other, they looked like pigeons fighting for a piece of bread! Boths' faces turned with a smug look on. At the time I wasn't right, but now at this moment I was definitely right. 



PISTTT! Spider-man's web stung onto the nasty Goblins face. His face got smaller and smaller until it fit the size of the web. It twisted with his body as he flung through the breezy air. Was I going to survive or was Goblin over here going to win? Who knew. It was a fifty fifty chance at this point, more like a seventy thirty (Spider-man was 70%). 



“Arhhhhhhhhhhh!” Green Goblin screamed with the look of terror on his face. I knew that at this point Spider-man was going to win. It wasn’t long before Green Goblin escaped and hopped onto his Glider, but then he looked around like he forgot something. That something was me! He ran over, cut the ropes and dragged me to his Glider. Then it took off with a rusty start, I was panicking like a monkey who lost his banana’s. 




I can’t believe that dirtbag took her! I’m nearly out of webs and I have to run after him? I don’t get paid enough for this job, nor do I get paid at all. I jump up to the nearest power pole and fly out the sunroof, I can see her, but Green Goblin’s blocking my pathway with his stupid green goo. I look at my wrist, I’ve got enough webs to attach onto Goblin’s glider and to save her if I need to. My web clings onto Goblin's Glider and I fly into the air. 



It isn’t long before we get downtown, I can see the big clock strike 12:00 am. It’s midnight and I am super tired. I can’t even focus anymore! Green Goblin carries the girl on his shoulder and is heading into the big clock. What is he doing?



My eyes are barely staying open from how fast this Goblin is going. I can see the clock in the corner of my eye, and finally understand what he’s going to do. He’s flying back to the top and I can see Spider-man getting ragdolled! Green Goblin’s going to drop me when he gets to the top of the clock. I can’t escape, his grip is too strong. Maybe this will be my last moment and I’m ready for it. 



He’s going to drop her, as I said before I might have enough web to save her. I hope I can. I climb up my web, but it’s too late. Goblin drops her.



As I’m falling I remember what Spider-man said: “I always win in the end”. I was sure that he was going to save me, but was I too sure? I just start to realise that I’m nearly at the bottom, I let out a huge “scream!”. I lock eyes with Spider-man, but I think to myself. “Can he save me?”






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.