Pages

Wednesday 8 September 2021

Tongan Language Week - Recount (boarding off the plane)

Task Description:

This week is Tongan Language week. For our writing we had multiple choice, but I chose to write a recount. I have written about boarding off the plane. Happy Tongan Language Week! :)


 Tongan Language week - Recount



When: School Holidays

Where: Tonga

Who: My-Self




With the Plane engines still revving my face was stretched out with joy. I had been waiting for nearly my whole life to be where I am today. The most friendly islands in the whole pacific. I was in Tonga!



People ran down the steps with their hawai’i shirts on. It was the school holidays and I had 1 week to make the most out of it. The scorching weather made my sun block melt. It wasn’t long until I was at the bottom of the stairs. 



The smell of fresh fruit, the taste of the sea and the sight of a beautiful island, was only the bare minimum of this amazing country. I couldn’t wait to make the most out of this trip. I loved it there!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Kiarah, oh how I wish we could go to the Pacific Islands at the moment! Thanks for sharing your writing! I think you could think of some descriptions which are specific to Tongan to add to the detail in your writing...What are some of the fresh fruits you might smell? What exactly might you see on the Island when you first hop off the plane? Is the air hot or cold? What are the names of some of the pieces of clothing that people might be wearing?

    Keep up the awesome online learning, Kiarah!

    Miss West

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.