Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Relay skipping

With the sun shining, Mr Moran said " Today we are going to go outside and do some  skipping and some relays." He also said that we had to line up outside very quietly so we could get some points. So we all lined up outside and did it without any noise. Unfortunately Hikianalia got the 10 points.


A few minutes later we got to the court. Mr Moran explained the rules to us and this is what he said "One team is going to do skipping with Miss Shanaia, Miss Duder, Miss King and Miss Scanlan. While the other 3 teams do relays with me. The team that is going to skipping is going to be Hinemoana. Now these are the rules. The first person in the line gets up and picks the skipping rope up, hops 2 times on the sipping rope, skip to the very end of the cones, skip 5 time and run back with the skipping rope." "Are you ready?!" Mr Moran shouted. "Yes!" The other teams exclaimed. ( I heard Mr Moran say it.)

The relays started and they were off. So we started skipping. We girls were with Miss King and Miss Scanlan. When it was my turn I was so excited. I was so relieved when I was finished because I did 17 jumps and it was exhausting. About 10 minutes later we started to do several people at the same time. The farest that I got up to was 4 people. Mr Moran exclaimed " swap over!" We swapped over with one team, but I can't remember witch one.


Our team competed with the other teams and it was thrilling to watch. When it was my turn I went as fast as I could that I nearly tripped over. The relays were so breath taking, but it was exotic. Team after team we swapped over until every team had a go at skipping.


The finals of the relays had finally come an it was so exciting. Our teams had to pick one boy and one girl. I was one of those girls and I was very nervous. We had to do the same thing that we had to do at the start of the relays. Mr Moran yelled "the team that chears the loudest will get 100 points!" I stood up and did my best because my team was chearing so loud for me. At the end of the finals my team got the points  and I was so happy. It was such a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.