Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

SLJ DAY 2: TAKING ACTION Activity 1: A Long Walk to Freedom

 12/08/1970’
Today I worked in the quarry nearly breaking my arms  while beating at the gravel. It’s hard being in prison thinking of my old life and trying not to get angry or upset. 

The prison guards here are strict and I miss my family very much. Each day being the same, waking up, with my back in pain and going out to the quarry and breaking the rocks into gravel. 

I hate it here, but I can’t complain, the ‘beds’ are horrible here, they are made of straw and are so uncomfortable. At least I have my studying to look forward to. At night I study to be a lawyer,and I enjoy it, it takes my mind off everything. 

Someday I will get out of this prison and live the life I deserve...


For this task we had to put ourselves in Nelson Mandela's shoes. We had to think about what it would be like to be in prison and have to sleep on flask and work all day.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kirah, Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani here commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. Nelson Mandela spent a lot of time in jail, how do you think he coped? What could he do to keep his mind and body active? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kiarah!

    Wonderful approach as to how Nelson Mandela's life at prison went. Do you think you'd be able to cope in prison for 28 years?

    Sincerely,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.