Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

SLJ DAY 3: WOMEN’S RIGHTS Activity 1: The Right to Vote


Image result for prime minister jacinda ardern   

I think that our government hers truly the queen (Elizabeth II) should replace Kate Sheppard with our prime minister  Jacinda Ardern. The reason why I think this is because she has done a lot for the woman community and has been a great and striving leader for our country. she is the 40th prime minister of New Zealand and she has done a fantastic job. So that is why I think she should be on the 10$ bill.

This task was to think about a woman leader and explain why you would replace Kate Sheppard with that leader. I chose Jacinda Ardern because of her fantastic leadership.Would you have chosen somebody else?


Image attribution:
Jacinda Ardern Wikimedia commons.

3 comments:

  1. Great proposal to the $10.00 note - there is a lot of support for Jacinda Ardern to be the new profile face on the bill. Keep blogging Kirah, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bula vinaka Kiarah!

    I enjoyed reading your reasons on why Jacinda should be on the $10 note and I can totally see why she should! I believe that Kate Sheppard should stay on the $10 note though. She helped NZ to realise that women have the right to vote.

    Kind regards,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete

  3. Ahiahi pai Kiarah, how is your summer going? What have you been up to?

    My name is Eliza and I’m working as a blog commenter on the Summer Learning Journey this summer. Have you done the Summer Learning Journey before? I’m part of the Ako Hiko cluster but i’ve just popped over to the Manaiakalani cluster today to check out some of the learners’ awesome blogs! If you want to know more about me, you can check out my blog.

    I really like how you’ve chosen Jacinda Ardern for this activity - it shows you have been inspired by other SLJ activities and it’s cool to see you making connections like that. Jacinda is an incredible woman isn't she, and I think she would be very deserving of being on the $10 note if it was to ever change! If you could ask Jacinda one thing, what would it be?

    This article may be of interest to you:

    https://www.magic.co.nz/home/news/2019/03/jacinda-ardern--making-nz-the-best-place-in-the-world-to-be-a-ch.html

    Happy blogging!
    Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.