Pages

Thursday 15 April 2021

2021 - Term 1 Highlights


I can't believe that Term 1 is already over. It seems like just yesterday we were saying farewell to last year. Even though last year wasn't the greatest, this year has started off with a bang. The rest of the year is unknown, but Term 1 of 2021 was great. I can't wait to tell you all about it!

1: My first highlight, is getting to meet a lot of new people! There were a lot of new students in our class and team. Now there are even more kids to enjoy our wonderful school. 

2: The Prime Minister visited our school! That brings us to the second highlight, and if you read the 1st sentence you will know what it is. The Prime Minister, Jacinda Adern came to our school and had lunch with us! She had lunch with us because the government has and is providing FREE school lunches for a year (That was another highlight of Term 1).

3: Out extension group/class has teamed up with Bhav and Toby. These people are working on a project called "Streets for Everyone Project". This is an project where Bhav and Toby are going to be putting little activities around the GI suburbs. The thing is they have chosen us to create those activities! I have had so much fun creating and re-creating. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

4: Sport wasn't a big part of my school life until this Term. At first it was just an extra thing to put onto my college application, but now I love it! I have played soft-ball and Tag, I will also be playing netball in Term 2. Netball is going to be great!

5: Tech has been a highlight of the Term and of the week. I love cooking with Miss Hamer, today we had our last cooking session. We made pizza's! Tech taught me a lot of different skills and safety guidelines. I wonder what class we'll have next.

6: Last, but not least is a trip that the extension kids and a couple other students went on. The ETNZ school experience was great, we went to the city where the old NZ America's Cup boat was held. Genesis and Spark has some really cool activities for us to do. From watching a 360 degree movie to racing robot's, it was a great experience.

Even though we are only 1/4 of a way through the year we have done so many cool things. As you can see I have been really busy, but enjoying every moment of it. Please stay tuned for a Term 2 highlights and please leave a positive comment on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Kiarah,

    Wow so much has happened this term! I can't believe we packed so much in despite the lockdowns, we have been busy.It was so good to hear about your experience with sport- I know you will continue to take all of the opportunities presented to you next term.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.