Pages

Tuesday 6 April 2021

A Series of Unfortunate Events - *The Bad Beginning* - Chapter 2 and Prediction for Chapter 3

 Author: Daniel Handler & Brett Hilquist

Title: A Series of Unfortunate Events - *The Bad Beginning*

Genre: Fiction, Mystery, Comedy and Drama


I’ve already done Chapter 1 to this book and thought that I could do Chapter 2. Last time I wrote out chapter 1 and predicted chapter 2. So I’m going to see if my prediction is right.


This is a book about the 3 Baudelaire children. If you like book’s with happy endings then this isn’t the book for you. The children are very unlucky and whenever they think something couldn’t get worse, it gets worse.


Chapter 2:

The Baudelaire children were now officially orphans. Their parents financial advisor, Mr Poe, was now their legal guardian. Until Mr Poe found their new guardian, but not any guardian. It had to be someone who was the closest relative. Violet was devastated, Klaus was demolished and Sunny was too young to understand. The 3 orphans were all sleeping in the same bed. In the room of Mr Poe’s two sons. 


The Next morning Mr Poe had some great news. “I have found you all a new guardian!” Mr Poe gleamed with excitement. The Baudelair’s on the other hand were not too thrilled. Silence spread through the car, before Mr Poe could say anything the children jumped to, conclusions. They stared at a beautiful, bright, sharp, spotless, aesthetic and happy house. There was a lady out front named Justice Strauss. She was a high court judge. “You must be our new guardian!” As I said before, Violet jumped to conclusions. Mr Poe rejected this idea and said, “Actually, children, you're looking for a man named Count Olaf.” Justice Straus looked at them, with fear in her eyes and pointed to the house across the street.


This house was a mansion, for sure, even bigger than Justice Strauss. The only thing was that it was, well, a dump. They turned their heads and waved goodbye to the nice lady. There was an eye that Klaus noticed. It was carved into the beam that was hanging over the front-door. Shards of wood were attached to the door  acting as a “shield” of some sort. The leaves on the once precious tree’s, were now ashes of dust. Mr Poe reached out for the doorbell, but the door swung open before he could tap it. Out came a man with crooked teeth, 1 eyebrow (mono brow), tall skinny legs and the children noticed a tattoo of an eye on the man's left ankle. He gave the children a grisly look. “We’ll Children, this is your new home and new guardian, Count Olaf!... “


Prediction for Chapter 3:


Count Olaf sounds like a terrible man and I’m sure the orphans will hate it at their new home. It won’t be soon before they will be moving houses, but I think that they might go to the kind lady for help.






2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kiarah,

    Firstly, well done for sharing such a variety of tasks on your blog! I am enjoying your holiday blog posts but this caught my eye as I loved this series of books when I was your age. I think the writer has a very cool style and I enjoyed the mystery of the stories. Have you continued to read on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Stone,
      I have enjoyed sharing all of this on my blog, and I love reading this series too. Have you watched the show on Netflix? Yes, I have actually finished the book!
      From Kiarah

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.