Pages

Monday 13 December 2021

Year Reflection - 2022

 Usually at the end of every term we do a "Term Reflection". Well, it's now time for the YEAR reflection. That's right, the 2021 school year is officially over! This year was hectic, and there was a lot of very high highs, but very low lows. So I will be reflecting and sharing those with all of you today. Lets get started!


JACINDA ARDERN VISIT:

This year we had a really big event. Jacinda Ardern or the Prime Minister of NZ came to our school. Thanks to the year 4's and 3's, we got to have a conversation with our very own prime minister. She came to have lunch with us, since she is supplied them for us, for the whole year! I myself got to have a conversation with her too:




LEVEL 3 LOCK-DOWN (BUBBLE SCHOOL TERM 1):

In term 1 we unfortunately had to go into lock-down. Although this wasn't ideal we had lot's of fun at bubble school. (I also went in term 3+4).


PICNIC:

In the start of the term we got to go on a school picnic! Like we do most years, it was a fun time and a beautiful day.





SOFTBALL:

This year I participated in 3 sports, 1 of them was softball. I went to 2 tournaments. Mixed (Yr 7 + 8, Boys and girls) and then just age group and gender. We played this sport at the start of the year, and I really enjoyed it!



NETBALL:

This sport was a BIG highlight of my year. It helped me improve with many skills and had a lot of good out comes for my mental and physical health. My main position was GA.



FIA FIA:

This year we had Fia Fia! I performed in the Tongan group.



TE KAPUA:

This year we have gotten a big shade over our small courts. We called this Te Kapua.


KPMG TRIP:

This year we went to KPMG! It was a super fun experience.




EXTENSION:

Extension was a big part of my life this year and had a big impact on how I saw the world. We did lot's of fun projects helping the community, having fun and doing much more. It was an amazing experience and I'm so lucky to be in the group next year!



PRIZE GIVING:


This year we actually got to have prize-giving! It was a bit different, but it was lot's of fun. I got a few prizes and had an awesome time dancing with everyone.

Year 8 academic awards:

2022 HOUSE CAPTAINS (front) PREFECTS (back):


YEAR 7 ACADEMIC:


Overall this year was amazing, even though it had it's ups and downs we got to experience so much. Thank-you to everyone who made this possible!
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.