Pages

Monday 27 December 2021

Find Your Fingerprint: A Nano-Girl Experiment - SLJ 2021-2022

 Fingerprints are marks that are left by the grooves inside your fingers. All fingerprints are different! There are three types of finger prints, loops, whorls and arches. What are yours? Mine are whorls. Our job is to find and record our fingerprints. You could use tape or something sticky like play dough to find these marks. Get to work!

Are there any other different types of finger prints in your house hold? 

Mum - Whorl

Dad - Loop

Brother - Whorl

What did you use to get your finger print? 

I used a piece of tape and some pencil led. I scribbled the pencil up and down until there was a generous amount. Then I rubbed my finger in the led all over. After that I put the tape on top of my finger, the led transferred to the tape with my finger print on it. When you put it on paper you can see it clearly. 



3 comments:

  1. Ata mārie Kiarah!


    Chris here from SLJ. I’ve just returned from a break, great to see you still getting involved in the Summer Learning Journey! Tēnā koe for all of the detail in your post! I knew there were three types of fingerprints, but I wasn’t aware of what they were called.

    My fingerprints are the “whorl” type. That’s really cool, the way you managed to record your fingerprint. Was doing this activity interesting to you? Had you heard much about fingerprints in the past?

    Can’t wait to see what you post next!


    Ngā mihi,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kiarah!

    It's me Finau. Wow! Looks like you worked really hard on this task. I don't know what kind of fingerprint my one is but I will find out soon since I'm gonna do this challenge. Its so cool how you also got your family member's ones too. How did you find this activity? Keep up the awesome work!

    Finau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Kiarah,
    Your fingerprint pattern is so clear! Well done on carrying out the experiment so accurately and that you have a whorl.
    Nanogirl

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.