Pages

Thursday 21 May 2020

"Are you coming...

“Are you coming or not?” Finau demanded as she took a few steps further onto the edge.
“I think I will just stay up here!?” Finau glared at me and I knew what she was going to do. She pulled me and tossed me into the large rubber boat before I could take another step. A moment later she grabbed the paddle and jumped in. The boat rocked and I was terrified, what if I got injured? Or what if I fell out? I could keep going,but my brain wasn’t fit for that at the moment.

We were “running” through waves and I was starting to panic. Like why would someone do this, they must be crazy! Finau started to paddle and paddle, she was paddling like a maniac. I mean what was she doing and why was she paddling so fast? That’s the moment I realised how dumb I was. She was obviously paddling like that because she wanted to get through the rapids!

I slowly but surely looked down and I regretted it. The waves or in this case rapids were literally all over my face. By the time we were done I was sure to get soaked. It was long before we got through the rapids, and I was right, but both of us were soaked.

“I regret coming on this stupid trip!” I raged at myself.

“Don’t be such a sukie~. We both had fun on this trip, and you can’t say otherwise.” Both,Both!

“I did not have fun on this trip, and as I said before it’s stupid! I am soaked, you forced me to get into that boat and to top it all off you paddled like a maniac!” I guess sI was overreacting a little bit, but come on.

Who wants to be forced into a boat?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kiarah,
    I have to say your writing is really good. I love the fact that you have people talking and saying things. Yes your right who does want to be forced into a boat. If you were to go white water rafting in real life who would you take? What level would you do? Would you do the fast and furious level 6? Anyway once again fantastic writing. Keep up the great work and remember to keep pushing yourself to become a better writer every time you write because you are amazing.
    From your best friend Angelica

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.