Pages

Friday 1 May 2020

Old Mac Donald had a farm...

Old Mac Donald had a farm... That’s an old classic, but this time it was no sing-along or book, it was the real deal. My name’s Detective Kiarah, and I'm here to solve the case of: Who broke Mr MacDonald's barn door?

I was on the job at 9:00 am on the dot, when I came across the crime scene. Where? You probably already know, Mr Donald's barn. I had all of my information and was ready to work…

Mr MacDonald figured out the barn door was broken at 2:00 am. He then told me that he scurried around quickly and noticed that his pig was gone. I quickly came to the solution that it was the pig, but we always learned to finish it off properly. So that's exactly what I did.

While training to become a detective, we all learnt to always analyse the scene. As I analysed it I noticed that there was a particular shape to the hole in the barn door. The figure of the hole was quite tall, but very wide on the hips. It had two legs, but had some type of hoof or shoe on. We scurried around the barn, but only came to find disappointment (or so I thought). Wondering what I found? Hay and mud, mud was all over the farm, but there were strict rules that the hay only stays in the stables.

Now the suspects, who? Mr Donald's wife Sally Donald, Sid the pig and Garry the horse. Now of course we need to interview, but there is one tiny problem.

Most of the suspects are animals, and we all know animals can’t talk. So I decided to study their features. (Of course I would interview Sally as well as study her.)

First up was Sally Donald:
“Where were you last night at exactly 2:00 am?”

“I was making my husband's breakfast as I always do, then he called me outside.”
“Did you notice anything suspicious or hear any weird noises?”
“No I couldn’t hear anything because the rooster was and the horse was neighing. There was something suspicious though, the pig was missing!”

“Ok I think that’s enough for now.” Of course I already knew that the pig was missing, but I didn’t tell her that. I then studied her features…

She had wide hips just like the figure, but she was not very tall and she did have two legs. She also had no shoes on the whole morning. How could I tell? She was completely covered in mud!


Now moving onto the pig:
Of course he was as fat as 8 million blueberries formed together, he was very short and had no shoe or hoof on at the time. Then I thought to myself, ‘He did go missing.’ So then I decided to analyse him closer. If he went missing at 2:00 am in the morning he would have had to go somewhere. That’s the moment I realised he was covered in mud, but he was in the shed. So that means he went out to roll in the mud.

Along the way we always cross off suspects that don’t match the clues we find or the body we're looking for. Sadly, but surely Sid wasn’t the criminal. Why? He is as fat as 8 million blueberries, do you expect him to be tall?

Last, but not least Garry the horse:

This horse was very beautiful, he had a full black coat and silky locks. I walked around him while staring at him. He was taller than everyone here and he looked very nervous. I then realised that he had shiny hoofs and two front legs, but also two back legs. I thought that he matched the description perfectly. (Expect for the 4 legs.)

Knowing that Garry and Sally were the only suspects left. I came to the conclusion that I would study the hole one more time.

“Two legs:Sally, Tall:Garry, Wide hips:Garry and Sally last, but not least Hoofs or shoes:Garry.” I whispered beneath my breath. I counted the numbers of names with sureness, but when I finished counting I was sure of the criminal, IT WAS THE…
HORSE!

As I went over to the horse I noticed that his face was a little wonky. I felt the face and ripped off the cheap mask, I was absolutely Muddled, WHY? The “Horse” was…

Sally Donald?!...










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.