Pages

Friday 12 June 2020

Poacher's...


White Rhino Wild - Free photo on PixabaySomehow my potion went wrong and I turned into a flying pig! exploring the forest I find poachers trying to kill animals. I go to the rescue, but something wrong happens. What will happen next? 
Please do not kill animals, it is very unkind and a disgrace to the human race. What ever you do don't hurt animals or humans. Hope you ENJOY my story and understand how and why poaching is wrong.



Swoosh!Swoosh!Swoosh! I was in the air flying, but that did make sense because after all, I was a scientist. There was something that I was missing though, something that didn’t attach to the puzzle. I felt weird and my body felt heavy, why though? Did I gain some weight? Did I make the wings clipped onto my body too heavy? Or was it just the fact that I was in a pig’s body? Right at that moment I knew what a terrible thing that I had done. We shall go back to when I was in my lab…

It was a windy and frosty afternoon when I was just maneuvering the finishing details around the wings. What wings was I talking about, you may ask. Well as you know I am a scientist and I wanted to be the first to fly without a plane or anything that’s mechanical. So I made these wings out of recycled plastic and materials, (to save the planet of course). I wasn’t sure if it would work, but I knew that I had to give it a try!

After adding the finishing touches I knew that it wouldn’t work, but luckily I made a potion that could make me fly! It was going to be a risky move, but it was worth a try. Unlike those recyclable “wings”, this was sure to work. Popping the cap of the bottle I could smell how this would turn into a monstrosity really quick. Ignoring my thoughts, without any hesitation I quickly took a sip and …

That’s what turned me into a flying pig, it did work, but not the way I was expecting it to. Maybe it wasn’t so bad after all though, right? I’ve always wanted to see what being an animal in the wild was like and this was my chance! Being a flying pig in the jungle would be a bit different though.


“Squeke, houu, huff, blaaa!” I was trying to speak, but all that came out of my mouth was propostrfle noises. What was wrong with my mouth and what language was I speaking?

‘How dumb could I be?’ I thought to myself, obviously it was the flying pig side of me talking! Not being able to talk was quite hard for a blabber mouth like me, but it was fine. I looked down for a landing spot, instead I saw a truck full of guns and boxes! I knew that this was going to be trouble.

Landing I could see the hunter’s in the distance, what was this? They were staring at a poor little baby Rhino. This could not happen, with these pig feet you could barely hear me. So I took that to advantage, I walked around them waiting for these humans to go. After what seemed like decades they finally got out of the way and started to walk. This was my moment so I ran and … POP! I landed straight on the ground, something was off again something weird. I didn’t have time to see what was weird because those annoying human’s heard me! They looked at me with a very confused look, what were they looking at? Then their faces turned as angry as a baby with no food. I ran and ran, but this time I had two legs? I had TWO legs! I was human again, I stopped and shouted.

“Thank-you for this miracle!” realising I shouldn't have stopped I continued to run while thinking of solutions… … …
“That’s it!” I shouted to myself with all the hope in the world. All I had to do was call the police! I dialed 111 (New Zealand emergency number) and waited for them to pick up. They picked up and I was ready to blabber like there was no tomorrow.

“I’m at the Jungle of New Zealand and there are poachers trying to kill animals. Please help!”

“Don’t worry ma'am we're on our way, ready to arrest those poachers.” The lady so kindly assured me. If you're wondering, yes I did get away from those poacher’s and I was in front of the entryway to the Jungle. Wondering when they were going to get there, I heard the siren’s and let out a big sigh of relief.

The poacher’s were still inside the jungle so the police headed in. Biting my fingernails with nervousness I could see the poachers and the police. Wait , but there was no baby Rhino?

“We are very sorry ma'am, but we weren't there in time to save the poor thing.” Suddenly everyone went quiet, and my eyes started to water. If I had done something sooner the poor thing would be alive, but i knew that was all I could do.


I walked past the poachers with a smug look on my face. That day was probably one of the worst…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.