Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

Snorkelling with the Green sea turtle

Hi there! It is me Kiarah, the explorer/scientist. The last time I talked to you was when I turned into a flying pig. That was crazy, but today we are going to talk about my amazing experience, while swimming with the green sea turtle! Now we shall start . . .

The sea was calm and the sun was shining, it was a perfect day for snorkelling! I wasn’t sure if I would see anything, but the experience would still be a blast. The waters here are overwhelmingly clear and can be a shock for most tourists. The islands of the Bahamas are beautiful and can be so much fun when you use your imagination. Anyway back to the story, I was walking down the beach with my wetsuit, snorkel and net in my hand (I would use this net for any rubbish or cool things I found).

I splashed into the water with ripples of water surrounding me. I made sure not to get any water into the breathing pipe of the snorkel, it wasn’t very hard. Diving into the water I felt a shiver go through my body, I quickly got over it though. A couple of minutes passed and all I had seen was Snappers (a type of fish) and some Jellyfish. It was quite disappointing, but I was up for another look.

It was starting to bore me, but then I saw something brown in the distance. I efficiently started to stroke my arms in hope that I would go faster. I got closer and then I started to see arms and legs, it wasn’t a fish nor a Jellyfish for sure! Swimming and swimming I could see the whole animal by now, it was beautiful, it was a turtle. Flapping up and down to float I then realised it was a Green sea turtle!
“Woooo!” I shouted with excitement in my voice. I was especially happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.